(2) Legitimate interests
We process personal information to the extent this is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests (or those of third parties), which include our interests to:
• Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activities, claims and other liabilities;
• Provide you with tailored functions such as an autofill function, a quick search function based on your most visited Service and our other web services, and additional contents tailored to your interests;
• Monitor use of our Services and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites;
• Effectively manage our relationship with our customers, including by communicating with you, responding to your queries, resolving technical issues, providing you with customer care support and sending you necessary information relating to our Services;
• Protect the security, availability and integrity of our Service and information systems, including by using authentication mechanisms and other security measures, monitoring our systems for security threats, keeping back-ups, and carrying out system maintenance services;
• Protect our legal rights, including by handling complaints, obtaining legal advice and establishing, exercising or defending legal claims relating to us or other companies in our group and our Service;
• Operate, evaluate and improve our Services, including developing new products and services, managing our communications, analyzing our Services, conducting market research, performing data analytics, auditing and other internal functions.
• Improve our Services, including by seeking your feedback and carrying out market research, performing data analytics on the usage of our Service, on an aggregated level analyzing customer behaviours, building up customer usage patterns and profiles in order to identify regional and global user trends and optimize our offering to customers globally;
• Effectively manage our business, including by generating reports and analysing the performance of our Service (through the use of aggregated information), auditing our business processes, using statistics to make informed business decisions;
• Comply with legal requirements under non-EU/EEA or non-Member State laws (e.g. tax and accounting obligations, obligations relating to consumer protection); and
• Comply with court orders and subpoenas, and respond to legally binding requests from government, law enforcement agencies, public authorities and/or regulators under non-EU/EEA and non-Member State law.
The legal basis for this processing in the EU/EEA is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.